- 8 medium red potatoes
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 jar (12 ounces) pickled jalapeno pepper slices, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 6 to 8 green onions, chopped
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or just until tender. Drain; cool slightly.
- Cut potatoes into 1/4-in.-thick slices. Place in a single layer in three greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Top each with salad dressing mix, a jalapeno slice, cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with sour cream and green onions. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Potato Nachos in Taste of Home August/September 2004, p61
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Mexican Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 10, 2012
"Do you just prepare ranch dressing as per package directions or just sprinkle the powder on the potato?"
Reviewed Apr. 11, 2011
"these are ALWAYS a hit at parties I take them to!"