Mexican Potato Salad
This fun, fresh-tasting potato salad is a colorful and zesty variation of the average potato salad. It looks great and people love it.Danette Hofer, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons juice from pickled jalapenos
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced pickled jalapeno peppers
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl,combine the first four ingredients; set aside. Place
- potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook
- about 15 minutes or until almost tender. Add carrots and cook until
- carrots and potatoes are tender; drain.
- When cool enough to handle, cube potatoes. Add potatoes and carrots
- to broth mixture. Add remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Serve at
- room temperature or slightly chilled. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 1/2-cup serving equals 62 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 148 mg sodium,