Mexican Pot Roast Filling Recipe
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- Taco shells or flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce and shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cut roast in half; rub spice mixture over meat. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with chilies, onion and garlic. Pour broth over meat. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove meat from slow cooker; shred with two forks. Skim fat from cooking juices. Return meat to slow cooker; heat through. Using a slotted spoon, place 1/2 cup meat mixture on each taco shell. Top with tomatoes, lettuce and cheese. Yield: 9 servings.
1/2 cup beef mixture (calculated without tacos and toppings) equals 224 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 247 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.