- 2-1/2 pounds lean boneless pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 to 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a large skillet that has been coated with cooking spray, brown pork and garlic. Add onion, saute until tender. Stir in tomatoes, chilies, cilantro, oregano and bay leaves; cover and simmer for 40 minutes or until pork is tender and no longer pink.
- In a bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Mexican Pork Stew(4)
Sort By :
I will make this recipe again, but I'll use Boston Butt aka pork shoulder. The pork roast I used was a little dry after cooking in lots of liquid. I also added some lime juice because I thought it needed a little acid and that lime taste. Served with corn cakes and salad.
This recipe is fantastic. My mom has been making it for years and I finally sangged the recipe from her. I added corn, and made it extra spicy by using lots of sliced, jarred jalapenos. For garnish, I used some shredded marble cheese, and fresh cilantro. Loved it.
We thoroughly enjoyed this recipe over plain cooked couscous with a sprinkle of cheddar. (I used 1 t. dried cilantro in place of the fresh)
I have to admit I was a little nervous about this recipe. It was super easy to make and was absolutely marvelous. We added Sharp cheese and Cilantro to the finished product in our bowls. The cilantro really brings out the mexican flavors in this dish. You will regret it if you do not try this dish. I have to say it is one of my favorite stews to make now. P.S. There were no leftovers.
More Recipe Collections
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Stew Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Stew Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Stew Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Stew Recipes >
- Low Sodium Dinner Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Stew Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >