Mexican Pork Roast Recipe
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 pounds)
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the onions, carrots and jalapenos in oil for 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker; add water and broth.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the coriander, salt, cumin, oregano and pepper; rub over roast. Cut roast in half; place in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- 3. Transfer roast and vegetables to a serving platter; keep warm. Strain cooking juices and skim fat. Pour into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 1 cup. Serve with roast and vegetables. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 479 calories, 24g fat (8g saturated fat), 194mg cholesterol, 386mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 56g protein .
Reviews for Mexican Pork Roast
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.