Mexican Pork Roast Recipe
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 pounds)
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the onions, carrots and jalapenos in oil for 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker; add water and broth.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the coriander, salt, cumin, oregano and pepper; rub over roast. Cut roast in half; place in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- 3. Transfer roast and vegetables to a serving platter; keep warm. Strain cooking juices and skim fat. Pour into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 1 cup. Serve with roast and vegetables. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 479 calories, 24g fat (8g saturated fat), 194mg cholesterol, 386mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 56g protein.
Reviews for Mexican Pork Roast
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.