Mexican Pork and Pasta
On a cold Midwestern evening, this hot and spicy dish really warms us up. It's fun, festive change from spaghetti. Plus everyone loves the leftovers—if there are any!
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Hot Ground Sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup uncooked spiral pasta
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer
- pink; drain. Add onion and green pepper; cook until tender. Stir in
- the tomatoes, tomato sauce, pasta, brown sugar, chili powder and
- salt; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.