Mexican Pork and Pasta Recipe
On a cold Midwestern evening, this hot and spicy dish really warms us up. It's fun, festive change from spaghetti. Plus everyone loves the leftovers—if there are any!
- 1 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup uncooked spiral pasta
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add onion and green pepper; cook until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, pasta, brown sugar, chili powder and salt; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Mexican Pork and Pasta
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC