Mexican Pork & Pinto Beans Recipe
- 1 bone-in pork loin roast (3 pounds), trimmed
- 1 package (16 ounces) dried pinto beans, soaked overnight
- 4 to 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- Pepper to taste
- 5 medium carrots, sliced
- 4 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 small zucchini, sliced
- Flour tortillas, warmed
- In a stockpot, combine the first eight ingredients; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 3 to 4 hours or until meat and beans are tender.
- Remove pork; cool slightly. Stir carrots, celery and tomatoes into bean mixture; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add zucchini; cook 8-10 minutes longer or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, remove pork from bone; discard bone. Cut pork into bite-size pieces; return to pot and heat through. Serve with tortillas. Yield: 16 servings (4 quarts).
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Mexican Pork & Pinto Beans(3)
Sort By :
This was a really good healthy recipe!! I put the bone in pork loin in a crock pot on high for 2 hours and low for 6 then went by the recipe. I added a bit more chili powder, cumim and added garlic powder. Also, I added a small can of chili chipolte peppers for flavor and spice. Thank you for this recipe!! Have a ton and will be freezing some for later!!
This was so good we decided to make it our new family Thanksgiving Eve Tradition for supper!
this sounds so good will try it for sure
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Stew Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Stew Recipes >
- Low Sodium Dinner Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Stew Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Stews >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >