Mexican Pizza Recipe
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1. Unroll crescent roll dough and place in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Flatten dough to fit the pan, sealing seams and perforations. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown; cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and sour cream until blended; spread over crust. Chill 30 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning. Add water according to package directions and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spread over cream cheese layer. Top with olives, tomato, cheeses and lettuce. Cut into serving-size pieces. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 226 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 473 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 10 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.