Mexican Pasta Bake
This casserole makes a delicious change of pace from ordinary pasta casseroles. The corkscrew noodles? They make it fun!—Joy Smith, Bigfork, Minnesota
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 ounces uncooked spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in the taco seasoning, tomato sauce, green pepper and
- spices. Bring to a boil; remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, combine the pasta, 1/2 cup cheese and sour cream. Spoon
- into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with meat mixture and
- remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or
- until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.