- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 ounces uncooked spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the taco seasoning, tomato sauce, green pepper and spices. Bring to a boil; remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, combine the pasta, 1/2 cup cheese and sour cream. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with meat mixture and remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Mexican Pasta Bake
Sort By :
"Made this recipe as written except I substituted plain Greek yogurt for the sour cream. It was very good, but I think a little too salty. I think the next time I make it I will add some water with the taco seasoning and that might help reduce the saltiness."
"Yummy! My husband and I really liked this dish. We're having a very cold weather spell and this just hit the spot tonight. I froze leftovers into two lunches hubby can have next week or whenever he wants them. Super good dish!"
"Loved it! It was super easy and loved the way the sour cream and cheese kept the pasta moist and yummy. Will definitely make again!"
"This was a hit with my pasta AND taco loving teenagers! Four hungry teenagers devoured it! The pasta level is unexpectedly creamy, yummy! Made exactly as stated. However, I think next time may pick a pepperjack cheese to make it a bit more spicy but it is a great recipe. Try this recipe, it appeals to many different tastes!"
"Really good and easy to make. I didn't have spiral pasta on hand so substituted 2 cups (uncooked) elbow macaroni, which I think turned out to be a bit too much. Will use 1-1/2 cups the next time. I also increased the cheese b/c we love cheese to a 2 cup mix between sharp cheddar and Monterey jack. This dish has lots of flavor. I made it ahead, put it in the fridge then brought it to room temp to bake. Will definitely make it again."