- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 ounces uncooked spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the taco seasoning, tomato sauce, green pepper and spices. Bring to a boil; remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, combine the pasta, 1/2 cup cheese and sour cream. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with meat mixture and remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Mexican Pasta Bake
Sort By :
Really good and easy to make. I didn't have spiral pasta on hand so substituted 2 cups (uncooked) elbow macaroni, which I think turned out to be a bit too much. Will use 1-1/2 cups the next time. I also increased the cheese b/c we love cheese to a 2 cup mix between sharp cheddar and Monterey jack. This dish has lots of flavor. I made it ahead, put it in the fridge then brought it to room temp to bake. Will definitely make it again.
Easy, a nice mild "mexican" dish for those who can't do very spicy dishes but still like the flavors. The pasta is a creamy complement to the meat layer.
Quick, easy, and awesome!
this is an amazingly simple and delicious recipe. i also add a can of tomatoes and use mexican cheese, and add in whatever other veggie I have available, spinach, corn, etc, and it always comes out perfectly. i have taken it to pot luck dinners where usually the pasta is the last to go, but this is one of the first dishes gone!
When I managed a kitchen I made this weekly and sold out everytime!! Make it at home all the time.