Mexican Omelet Recipe
- 1 flour tortillas (8 inches), coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 large ripe avocado, chopped
- 3/4 cup sour cream, divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh or canned green chiles
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1. In an 8-in. skillet, saute tortilla in butter until softened, about 2 minutes. Meanwhile, beat eggs, water and salt in a bowl. Pour over tortilla in skillet; cook over medium heat. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portions flow underneath. When eggs are set, remove from the heat. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup cheese. Combine avocado, 1/2 cup sour cream, chiles and lemon juice; spread over half of the omelet. Fold omelet in half and transfer to a warm platter. Top with tomato and remaining cheese and sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
1 piece: 518 calories, 40g fat (18g saturated fat), 495mg cholesterol, 576mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Mexican Omelet
"This is our favorite omelet ever! The creamy avacado mixture makes it so good."
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.