Through the years, my family has enjoyed this tasty omelet for brunch. Now, as a 71-year-old farm wife, I often prepare it for friends as we gather for our many "senior" functions.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 flour tortillas (8 inches), coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 large ripe avocado, chopped
- 3/4 cup sour cream, divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh or canned green chiles
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- In an 8-in. skillet, saute tortilla in butter until softened, about 2
- minutes. Meanwhile, beat eggs, water and salt in a bowl. Pour over
- tortilla in skillet; cook over medium heat. As eggs set, lift edges,
- letting uncooked portions flow underneath. When eggs are set, remove
- from the heat. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup cheese. Combine avocado, 1/2
- cup sour cream, chiles and lemon juice; spread over half of the
- omelet. Fold omelet in half and transfer to a warm platter. Top with
- tomato and remaining cheese and sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 518 calories, 40 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 495 mg cholesterol, 576 mg sodium,