Mexican Mocha Mix Recipe
This mix of coffee and cocoa is a wonderful alternative to traditional hot chocolate. —Maria Regakis, Somerville, Massachusetts
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/3 cup instant coffee granules
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each serving):
- 1 cup hot fat-free milk
- 1 cinnamon stick, optional
- 1. In a blender, combine the first seven ingredients; cover and process until mixture forms a powder. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2-1/4 cups mix.
- 2. To prepare mocha drink: In a mug, stir 3 tablespoons mix with 1 cup hot milk until blended. Garnish with a cinnamon stick if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
One serving equals 207 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 172 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC