Mexican Meatloaf Recipe
"Being a working mother with a small budget and little time, I make a lot of dishes using ground beef," explains Alice McCauley of Beaumont, Texas. "When our son complained about having meat loaf again, I came up with this taco-seasoned version. The whole family loves it served with sour cream and extra salsa."
- 4 cups cooked shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable soup mix
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, salsa, egg, soup mix, taco seasoning and 1 cup cheese. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a 12-in. loaf. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Mexican Meatloaf
Reviewed Jan. 17, 2014
"Easy and tasty!"
Reviewed Nov. 5, 2011
"I thought this was pretty good, but my husband didn't care for it. So that's why I won't be making it again."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC