Mexican Meatloaf Recipe
"Being a working mother with a small budget and little time, I make a lot of dishes using ground beef," explains Alice McCauley of Beaumont, Texas. "When our son complained about having meat loaf again, I came up with this taco-seasoned version. The whole family loves it served with sour cream and extra salsa."
- 4 cups cooked shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable soup mix
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, salsa, egg, soup mix, taco seasoning and 1 cup cheese. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a 12-in. loaf. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC