Using plenty of tasty taco ingredients, Tena Huckleby makes miniature meat loaves extra special. The Greeneville, Tennessee cook serves them with sour cream and sliced fresh avocado.
Recommended: 50 Recipes We're Cooking Right Now
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 2 tablespoons diced ripe avocado
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into two loaves; place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Meat Loaves in Cooking for 2 Winter 2005, p29
Reviews for Mexican Meat Loaves
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review