Mexican Meat Loaf Recipe
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 jar (16 ounces) picante sauce
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add beef and mix well. Pat into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or a meat thermometer reaches 160°. Top with warm picante sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 280 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 144 mg cholesterol, 689 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 26 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.