Mexican Meat Loaf Recipe
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 jar (16 ounces) picante sauce
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add beef and mix well. Pat into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or a meat thermometer reaches 160°. Top with warm picante sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice: 280 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 144mg cholesterol, 689mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Mexican Meat Loaf
"I added 1 cup of shredded cheese mixed in for added taste and texture. It did take longer than the original recipe. And added picante on top before cooking. Next time will cook at 375."
"I followed the recipe exactly as written. We found the texture to me mushy compared to a traditional meat loaf and a traditional meat loaf is more flavorful in our opinion."
"I used ground turkey and crushed tortilla chips instead of the bread crumbs and omitted the salt & pepper.Taco seasoning replaced the chili powder and I added a can of mild green chiles as well."
"My family loves this meatloaf recipe! Thank you for sharing!"
"This is very simple and tasty. It took a little longer to bake than the recipe indicated, but overall this is a very good recipe."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.