Mexican Meat Loaf Roll
If you've never made a "filled" meat loaf before, try this one first. It has a unique taste that folks of all ages take toand when you serve it already sliced on a platter, it's really pretty, too!Vonnie White, Rapid City, South Dakota
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking or rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 3/4 cup salsa
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, oats, Worcestershire sauce and pepper.
- Add ground beef and mix well. On a piece of waxed paper, pat meat
- mixture to an 18-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Combine cream cheese and
- chilies; spread over meat to within 1 in. of outer edges. Roll meat
- mixture, jelly-roll style, starting at narrow end. Place seam side
- down in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes. Drain excess fat. Top with salsa and
- bake another 10-15 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 269 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 136 mg cholesterol, 319 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.