Mexican Meat Loaf Roll Recipe
If you've never made a "filled" meat loaf before, try this one first. It has a unique taste that folks of all ages take toand when you serve it already sliced on a platter, it's really pretty, too!Vonnie White, Rapid City, South Dakota
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking or rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 3/4 cup salsa
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, oats, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Add ground beef and mix well. On a piece of waxed paper, pat meat mixture to an 18-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Combine cream cheese and chilies; spread over meat to within 1 in. of outer edges. Roll meat mixture, jelly-roll style, starting at narrow end. Place seam side down in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes. Drain excess fat. Top with salsa and bake another 10-15 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Meat Loaf Roll in Country Ground Beef 1993, p32
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Mexican Meat Loaf Roll(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >