Mexican Meat Loaf Recipe
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 jar (16 ounces) picante sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add beef and mix well. Pat into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or a meat thermometer reaches 160°. Top with warm picante sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Mexican Meat Loaf(4)
Sort By :
I followed the recipe exactly as written. We found the texture to me mushy compared to a traditional meat loaf and a traditional meat loaf is more flavorful in our opinion.
I used ground turkey and crushed tortilla chips instead of the bread crumbs and omitted the salt & pepper.
Taco seasoning replaced the chili powder and I added a can of mild green chiles as well.
My family loves this meatloaf recipe! Thank you for sharing!
This is very simple and tasty. It took a little longer to bake than the recipe indicated, but overall this is a very good recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Meat Loaf >
- Meat Loaf Recipes >