"I love to experiment with all kinds of recipes," relates Debra Jane Webb of Muskogee, Oklahoma. A dash of chili powder gives her meat loaf fun Mexican flavor that's complemented by zesty picante sauce poured over the top.
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 jar (16 ounces) picante sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add beef and mix well. Pat into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or a meat thermometer reaches 160°. Top with warm picante sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Meat Loaf in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p57
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Mexican Meat Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review