- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 jar (16 ounces) picante sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add beef and mix well. Pat into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or a meat thermometer reaches 160°. Top with warm picante sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Mexican Meat Loaf
"Had this for dinner tonight and we really enjoyed it. Changes I made were, decreased the milk to 1/2 cup,& added some pepper jack cheese on top when it was done and put in the oven just long enough to melt."
"I added 1 cup of shredded cheese mixed in for added taste and texture. It did take longer than the original recipe. And added picante on top before cooking. Next time will cook at 375."
"I followed the recipe exactly as written. We found the texture to me mushy compared to a traditional meat loaf and a traditional meat loaf is more flavorful in our opinion."
"My family loves this meatloaf recipe! Thank you for sharing!"
"This is very simple and tasty. It took a little longer to bake than the recipe indicated, but overall this is a very good recipe."