Mexican Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 12 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Refrigerate until serving.
- 2. Just before serving, stir in avocado. Place 1/2 cup chicken mixture on each lettuce leaf; top each with 2 teaspoons sour cream. Fold lettuce over filling. Yield: 6 servings.
2 wraps equals 259 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 478 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.