This recipe proved to be a winner, not only when wrapped in lettuce, but also when served as a sandwich, dip or salad with tortilla chips. It is so easy to make it ahead, chill and take for a picnic or potluck. —June Barrus, Springville, Utah
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 12 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, stir in avocado. Place 1/2 cup chicken mixture on each lettuce leaf; top each with 2 teaspoons sour cream. Fold lettuce over filling. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Lettuce Wraps in Taste of Home June/July 2009, p28
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Mexican Lettuce Wraps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review