Mexican Leek Soup Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium leeks (white portion only), chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup french-fried onions
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. Place the beans, leeks and water in a 1-qt. microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- 2. In a blender, process bean mixture and spinach until smooth. Return to the bowl; add cheeses and seasonings. Whisk in cream. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through, stirring once. Sprinkle with onions and bacon. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cups (prepared with reduced-fat cheddar cheese) equals 641 calories, 34 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 1,240 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 11 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Reviews for Mexican Leek Soup
"I just used regular milk and mozarella cheese (what I had on hand). I also didn't have the onions but I added a dollop of unflavored Greek yogurt. It was delicious!"