- 4 cups torn romaine
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced, optional
- 1 large cucumber, halved and sliced
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 medium ripe avocados, sliced or cut into 1/2-in. chunks
- 1 each large green and sweet red pepper, chopped or sliced
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a 2-qt. trifle bowl or glass serving bowl, layer fresh vegetables. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, chilies and seasonings; spread over top. Sprinkle with chips and cheese. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Mexican Layered Salad
Sort By :
Served this at a luncheon. I added alittle more chili powder and would cut down alittle on the mayonnaise but it had a good flavor and several wanted the recipe. It is a good mix of vegetables.
This a great salad with a pretty presentation. I don't care for mayo so I used ranch instead. I served the dressing on the side, but it was not necessary because everyone liked it. I made this dish along side a chilies rellenoes casserole.
I am a big fan of fudge & this is the best I have ever had. I gave to relatives & friends as a gift & all raved about the taste.
My review is based on the dressing. (As for the vegetable combination and presentation, I thought it was very good.) The dressing was overpowered by the chili powder. You could hardly taste any heat from the green chiles, and the mayo flavor was just too much. I felt embarrassed to serve it!
Very tasty. The flavors really blend well!! The only thing we do differently is that we leave out the avocadoes since we don't care for them. Simply DELICIOUS!!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Salad Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Layered Salads >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Salads >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Salad Recipes >
- Mexican Vegetarian Recipes >
- Salads >
- Southwest Salads >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >