Mexican Layer Dip Recipe
This adaptable dip is like a magnet to hungry guests at our family get-togethers and casual parties. It’s tasty served hot or cold. Just one chip full and you’re hooked!—Sheila Frasher, Crown City, Ohio
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Corn chips
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and half of the onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, sugar, chili powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Spread refried beans into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish; top with beef mixture, tomatoes, green pepper and remaining onion. Layer with sour cream and cheese. Serve with chips. Yield: 8 cups.
1 each: 117 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 202mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Mexican Layer Dip
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC