Mexican Layer Dip Recipe
This adaptable dip is like a magnet to hungry guests at our family get-togethers and casual parties. It’s tasty served hot or cold. Just one chip full and you’re hooked!—Sheila Frasher, Crown City, Ohio
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Corn chips
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and half of the onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, sugar, chili powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Spread refried beans into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish; top with beef mixture, tomatoes, green pepper and remaining onion. Layer with sour cream and cheese. Serve with chips. Yield: 8 cups.
1 each: 117 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 202mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein .
Reviews for Mexican Layer Dip
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC