This adaptable dip is like a magnet to hungry guests at our family get-togethers and casual parties. It’s tasty served hot or cold. Just one chip full and you’re hooked!—Sheila Frasher, Crown City, Ohio
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Corn chips
- In a large skillet, cook beef and half of the onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, sugar, chili powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until thickened.
- Spread refried beans into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish; top with beef mixture, tomatoes, green pepper and remaining onion. Layer with sour cream and cheese. Serve with chips. Yield: 8 cups.
Originally published as Mexican Layer Dip in Country Woman August/September 2010, p27
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Mexican Layer Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review