- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons hot salsa
- 12 ounces uncooked lasagna noodles
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 jar (16 ounces) mild salsa
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in beans, chilies, taco seasoning and hot salsa.
- In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer a third of the noodles and meat mixture. Sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Combine mild salsa and water; pour over top. Cover and bake 1 hour or until heated through.
- Top with sour cream, olives, onions, tomatoes if desired and remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes. Let stand 10-15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Mexican Lasagna
Sort By :
"Very, very good!! Wife and kids loved this, great leftovers. I used regular Barilla noodles, amazed noodles came out soft, I was worried.I tried to follow recipe as listed but after reading reviews made a few changes which are necessary.Brown meat add a small diced onion, drain, then use 2 packets of taco seasoning, not one since it's 2lb of meat.4 tablespoons of taco sauce instead of 2 hot sauce because of kids.3/4 jar of salsa instead of wholeAdded a can of Rotella with cilantro and lime plus the juice with the salsa and water.Cover with aluminum foil to cook.When finished, topped it with green onions, olives and a diced tomato, cooked additional 6 min. uncoveredServed sour cream on the side.Let REST 10-15 minutes, a must!Great flavors!!!!!!"
"I made this yesterday for a potluck birthday dinner for a friend's son and everyone loved it! There were no leftovers at all. I followed the recipe exactly and it did not turn out soupy. I also agree with others about not rating a recipe you haven't made or altering it to where you are really rating your own recipe since so many changes were made from the original one that was posted."
"My kids loved this! I loved the fact that I did not have to pre-cook the lasagna noodles. I followed the directions pretty closely and my kids really loved the beef, bean and cheese combination. As a volunteer field editor for ToH I enjoy preparing classic dishes with a twist. Trust this five star recipe!"
"Very easy and very good!"