I collect cookbooks and recipes (this one is from my son's mother-in-law). My husband teases me that I won't live long enough to try half of the recipes in my files! —Rose Ann Buhle, Minooka, Illinois
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons hot salsa
- 12 ounces uncooked lasagna noodles
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 jar (16 ounces) mild salsa
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in beans, chilies, taco seasoning and hot salsa.
- In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer a third of the noodles and meat mixture. Sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Combine mild salsa and water; pour over top. Cover and bake 1 hour or until heated through.
- Top with sour cream, olives, onions, tomatoes if desired and remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes. Let stand 10-15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Lasagna in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p228
Reviews for Mexican Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review