- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons hot salsa
- 12 ounces uncooked lasagna noodles
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 jar (16 ounces) mild salsa
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in beans, chilies, taco seasoning and hot salsa.
- In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer a third of the noodles and meat mixture. Sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Combine mild salsa and water; pour over top. Cover and bake 1 hour or until heated through.
- Top with sour cream, olives, onions, tomatoes if desired and remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes. Let stand 10-15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Mexican Lasagna
Sort By :
"Loved that I didn't have to cook the noodles first. I used pork instead of beef to decrease the cost."
"Turned out super yummy and the whole family loved it!"
"My family has made this basic recipe for years only instead we used flour tortillas as the Lasagna noodles. Very good both ways."
"The recipe was very good however the ingredients, plus a can of black beans I wanted to add to it, cost over $35 at Publix."
"This was deeelicious! And I agree with Bill466...changing a recipe THAT much does not equate to the original recipe, Kandilicious. Jus' sayin'."