Mexican Lasagna Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons hot salsa
- 12 ounces uncooked lasagna noodles
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 jar (16 ounces) mild salsa
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in beans, chilies, taco seasoning and hot salsa.
- In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer a third of the noodles and meat mixture. Sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Combine mild salsa and water; pour over top. Cover and bake 1 hour or until heated through.
- Top with sour cream, olives, onions, tomatoes if desired and remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes. Let stand 10-15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Mexican Lasagna(98)
Sort By :
This was so good. Everyone liked it. I also used ground turkey in place of the beef.
Turned out great! We loved it!
are the noodles the oven ready noodles or are they just ordinary lasagna noodles
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Lasagna Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Lasagna Dinners >
- Lasagna Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >