- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons hot salsa
- 12 ounces uncooked lasagna noodles
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 jar (16 ounces) mild salsa
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in beans, chilies, taco seasoning and hot salsa.
- In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer a third of the noodles and meat mixture. Sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Combine mild salsa and water; pour over top. Cover and bake 1 hour or until heated through.
- Top with sour cream, olives, onions, tomatoes if desired and remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes. Let stand 10-15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Mexican Lasagna
Sort By :
MY HUSBAND EVEN MADE THIS . I JUST READ OFF WHAT TO DO . WE DID ADD SOUR CREAM ON TOP AFTER IT WAS DONE INSTEAD OF BAKING IT ON THE LASAGNA.VERY GOOD
Tried this recipe and will be making it again Monday night for Cinco de Mayo party. Fabulous!
Very good...a family fav!!
This was so good. Everyone liked it. I also used ground turkey in place of the beef.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Lasagna Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Lasagna Dinners >
- Lasagna Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >