Mexican Lasagna Recipe
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons hot salsa
- 12 ounces uncooked lasagna noodles
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 jar (16 ounces) mild salsa
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in beans, chilies, taco seasoning and hot salsa.
- 2. In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer a third of the noodles and meat mixture. Sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- 3. Combine mild salsa and water; pour over top. Cover and bake 1 hour or until heated through.
- 4. Top with sour cream, olives, onions, tomatoes if desired and remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes. Let stand 10-15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving calculated without tomatoes equals 521 calories, 28 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 909 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.