Mexican Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup frosted cornflakes, crushed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup honey
- Place four 1/2-cup scoops of ice cream on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the cornflake crumbs, sugar and cinnamon. Roll ice cream in crumb mixture to coat. Freeze until serving. Drizzle each serving with 1 tablespoon honey. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Mexican Ice Cream(12)
Sort By :
Easy, fun and delicious! Served to a crowd of about 25 with ice cream toppings and whipped cream and it was a hit for our Mexican dinner!
I was expecting to find my favorite Mexican dessert but was disappointed that you left out the final step of deep frying it before the honey drizzle.
We loved this at my house! Everyone is always so shocked when they start eating it!
Fun idea for dessert. Everyone loved it from kids to adults! I did use 1/4 of cinnamon sugar already mixed and it was perfect.
So Good! This is an awesome recipe when you don't have time to bake. Perfect weekday dessert and for entertaining. I used 'no sugar added' vanilla ice cream and Truvia instead of sugar. Also, because I had no cornflakes, I crushed up some Frosted Cheerios...excellent! Thanks!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Desserts >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >