Mexican Ice Cream
"I made this ice cream for my grandma and her friends and they said it was so good." This simple, flavorful dessert is a perfect way to get kids involved in the kitchen. —Ben Phipps, Lima, Ohio
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup frosted cornflakes, crushed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup honey
- Place four 1/2-cup scoops of ice cream on a waxed paper-lined baking
- sheet. Freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the cornflake crumbs, sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll ice cream in crumb mixture to coat. Freeze until serving.
- Drizzle each serving with 1 tablespoon honey. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 266 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 79 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.