Mexican Ice Cream Sundaes Recipe
This dessert makes an impressive presentation. The flour tortillas take on a subtle flavor sprinkled with cinnamon-sugar, and they make a pleasing combination with cornflakes. Everybody loves ice cream for dessert. —Milbert Fichter Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 6 flour tortillas (6 inches), cut into 6 wedges each
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- 6 large scoops vanilla ice cream
- Chocolate syrup, optional
- Whipped cream in a can
- 6 maraschino cherries with stems
- 1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Fry tortilla wedges, a few at a time, for 1-2 minutes on each side or until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Combine the sugar and cinnamon; set aside 1 tablespoon. Sprinkle both sides of tortillas with remaining cinnamon-sugar.
- 2. In a shallow bowl, combine the cornflake crumbs and reserved cinnamon-sugar. Roll ice cream in crumb mixture to coat. Freeze until serving.
- 3. Drizzle serving plates with chocolate syrup if desired. Place six tortilla wedges on each plate; top each with a scoop of ice cream. Pipe whipped cream around base and on top of ice cream. Garnish each with a cherry. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Mexican Ice Cream Sundaes
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC