- 12 cups water
- 3 to 4 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chocolate syrup
- 3 cans (12 ounces each) evaporated milk
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, ground cinnamon and cinnamon sticks, optional
- In a large kettle, combine water and cinnamon sticks. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until liquid turns light brown. Remove cinnamon sticks and discard.
- In another bowl, combine the chocolate syrup, milks and vanilla; slowly stir into cinnamon water. Return mixture to a simmer just to heat through. Top servings with whipped cream, cinnamon and cinnamon sticks if desired. Yield: about 5 quarts.
Originally published as Mexican Hot Cocoa in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2005, p101
Reviews for Mexican Hot Cocoa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review