Mexican Hot Chocolate Recipe
This delicious, not-too-sweet hot chocolate is richly flavored with cocoa and delicately seasoned with spices. The whole-stick cinnamon stirrers come in handy, as the old-fashioned chocolate mixture settles if not stirred before drinking. The blend of cinnamon and chocolate flavors is wonderful! —Kathy Young, Weatherford, Texas
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground cloves or nutmeg
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream
- Whole cinnamon sticks
- 1. In a small saucepan, mix cocoa and sugar; stir in water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 2. Add cinnamon and cloves; stir in milk. Simmer 5 minutes (do not boil). Whisk in vanilla. Pour hot chocolate into mugs; top with whipped cream. Use cinnamon sticks for stirrers. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 156 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 92mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Mexican Hot Chocolate
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC