Mexican Hat Dance Spuds Recipe
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) bold sloppy joe sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1. Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15-17 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in sloppy joe sauce; heat through.
- 3. Cut an "X" in the top of each potato; fluff pulp with a fork. Spoon meat mixture into potatoes; sprinkle with cheese and green onions. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 627 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 1370mg sodium, 90g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 8g fiber), 33g protein.
Reviews for Mexican Hat Dance Spuds
"This is good to make in a hurry, but agree with 5hungrykids on the name. The Mexican way i make is to brown the beef, add 1 pk of taco seasoning with a can small can of Tomato Sauce or one can of Chili with Beans which is my favorite. Bake as directed and add sour cream, cheddar cheese, onions etc to top. They are a meal by themselves."
"These were good. Nothing fantastic about them, but they were good. My kids don't like baked potatoes, but they ate these just fine. I'm not sure why "Mexican" is in the name of these because there's no hint of Mexican in these. My son calls them Sloppy Spuds since it uses sloppy joe sauce. More appropriate name, I think."