Five easy ingredients are all you need for these out-of-the-ordinary stuffed potatoes. Best of all, these tangy taters will be on the table in about 20 minutes. —Nancee Melin, Tucson, Arizona
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) bold sloppy joe sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15-17 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in sloppy joe sauce; heat through.
- Cut an "X" in the top of each potato; fluff pulp with a fork. Spoon meat mixture into potatoes; sprinkle with cheese and green onions. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Hat Dance Spuds in Simple & Delicious September/October 2009, p28
Reviews for Mexican Hat Dance Spuds
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review