Mexican Grilled Salmon Recipe
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, halved and seeded
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- Salsa and lime slices, optional
- 1. Place the first five ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. Add the lime juice, sugar, tomato sauce and lime peel; cover and process until blended.
- 2. Transfer to a large resealable plastic bag. Add the salmon; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Place salmon skin side down on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-14 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with salsa and lime slices if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet (calculated without salsa and lime wedges) equals 330 calories, 19 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 182 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein.
Reviews for Mexican Grilled Salmon
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.