- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, halved and seeded
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- Salsa and lime slices, optional
- Place the first five ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. Add the lime juice, sugar, tomato sauce and lime peel; cover and process until blended.
- Transfer to a large resealable plastic bag. Add the salmon; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Place salmon skin side down on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-14 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with salsa and lime slices if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Grilled Salmon in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p90
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Mexican Grilled Salmon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review