Mexican Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
A little salsa goes a long way in these quick, no-fuss sandwiches. Perked up with sweet peppers, they’re flavorful, fun and ideal on busy weeknights. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 slices rye bread
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 cup fresh salsa, well drained
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a small skillet, saute peppers in oil until tender. Spread four
- bread slices with mayonnaise. Layer with peppers, salsa and cheese.
- Top with remaining bread. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 2-4 minutes
- on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 402 calories, 22 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 892 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 11 g protein.