A little salsa goes a long way in these quick, no-fuss sandwiches. Perked up with sweet peppers, they’re flavorful, fun and ideal on busy weeknights. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 slices rye bread
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 cup fresh salsa, well drained
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a small skillet, saute peppers in oil until tender. Spread four bread slices with mayonnaise. Layer with peppers, salsa and cheese. Top with remaining bread. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 2-4 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Grilled Cheese Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious April/May 2011, p9
Reviews for Mexican Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review