Mexican Green Salad
“I was experimenting with Mexican-type dressings when I came up with this recipe,” recalls Betty Palmer from Paradise, California. “You can add chili beans or refried beans to make this salad more filling.”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 3 cups torn romaine
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup cubed avocado
- 1/4 cup crushed tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream, salsa, taco
- seasoning, vinegar, cilantro and onion. Add romaine and toss to
- coat. Divide between two salad plates. Top with tomato, cheese,
- avocado and tortilla chips. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cup (prepared with reduced-fat mayonnaise, reduced-fat sour cream and reduced-fat cheddar cheese) equals 207 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 503 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.