Mexican Green Salad Recipe
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 3 cups torn romaine
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup cubed avocado
- 1/4 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream, salsa, taco seasoning, vinegar, cilantro and onion. Add romaine and toss to coat. Divide between two salad plates. Top with tomato, cheese, avocado and tortilla chips. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cup (prepared with reduced-fat mayonnaise, reduced-fat sour cream and reduced-fat cheddar cheese) equals 207 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 503 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.