Mexican Fried Ice Cream Recipe
- 1/2 gallon French vanilla ice cream, softened
- 3 cups crushed cornflakes
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Honey and whipped topping, optional
- 1. Place nine 3-in. scoops of ice cream on a baking sheet. Freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- 2. In a shallow bowl, combine cornflake crumbs and cinnamon. Roll ice cream balls in crumb mixture. Place on baking sheet; freeze overnight. Wrap each scoop separately in plastic wrap; transfer to a freezer bag. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
- 3. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Unwrap ice cream; fry one scoop at a time for 8-10 seconds. Place in chilled bowls; serve immediately. Top with honey and whipped topping if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Mexican Fried Ice Cream
"This is a great dessert if you want something different. Would be great to know what the ACTUAL nutrition facts are though."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.