A handful of items and a few moments of prep work are all you'll need for this festive fondue. Not only does it take advantage of canned goods and other convenience items, but the slow cooker does all the work. —Nella Parker, Hersey, Michigan
18 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 1-1/2 hours
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 package (16 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- French bread cubes
- In a small bowl, combine the corn, tomatoes, green chilies and chili
- powder. Stir in cheese. Pour mixture into a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker
- coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and cook on high for 1-1/2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes or
- until cheese is melted. Serve warm with bread cubes. Yield: 4-1/2
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without bread cubes) equals 105 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 421 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.