Mexican Fondue Recipe
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 package (16 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- French bread cubes
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the corn, tomatoes, green chilies and chili powder. Stir in cheese. Pour mixture into a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Cover and cook on high for 1-1/2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm with bread cubes. Yield: 4-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup: 105 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 421mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Mexican Fondue
"This was yummy! I made it for dinner, and it was more than enough for myself and my two teens. My son was skeptical, which was a surprise, because he pretty much eats anything. He never asked what was in it, just ate it, and then commented at one point 'this is really good'. Considering he picks a large portion of chunks of tomatoes out of things, he never seemed to notice them in this. I will make this again, and it will probably be a stand-by for open house type parties - so much better than any prepared Mexican style warm cheese dip, much more economical as well, and it makes a lot!"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.