Mexican Fiesta Steak Stir-Fry
The best part of throwing a weeknight party is being able to enjoy time with family. With this flavorful stir-fry on the menu, you'll be out of the kitchen with time to spare! —Patricia Swart, Galloway, New Jersey
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound boneless beef top loin steak, trimmed and cut into thin strips
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 package (14 ounces) frozen pepper strips, thawed
- 1-1/3 cups chopped sweet onion
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef and garlic in oil until meat
- is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Add peppers and onion to pan; stir-fry until tender. Stir in the
- tomatoes, chilies, salt, oregano, pepper and beef; heat through.
- Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups (calculated without rice) equals 247 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 473 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable,