Mexican Fiesta Steak Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 pound boneless beef top loin steak, trimmed and cut into thin strips
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 package (14 ounces) frozen pepper strips, thawed
- 1-1/3 cups chopped sweet onion
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef and garlic in oil until meat is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Add peppers and onion to pan; stir-fry until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, chilies, salt, oregano, pepper and beef; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups (calculated without rice) equals 247 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 473 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Mexican Fiesta Steak Stir-Fry
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.