The best part of throwing a weeknight party is being able to enjoy time with family. With this flavorful stir-fry on the menu, you'll be out of the kitchen with time to spare! —Patricia Swart, Galloway, New Jersey
- 1 pound boneless beef top loin steak, trimmed and cut into thin strips
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 package (14 ounces) frozen pepper strips, thawed
- 1-1/3 cups chopped sweet onion
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef and garlic in oil until meat is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Add peppers and onion to pan; stir-fry until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, chilies, salt, oregano, pepper and beef; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Fiesta Steak Stir-Fry in Simple & Delicious February/March 2012, p31
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Mexican Fiesta Steak Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review