“I was making a Mexican themed dinner one night last summer, and figured I’d make a salad with the fresh produce I had. I threw in anything that reminded me of Mexican food. Thankfully, it turned out, and the combination of salsa and ranch dressing is one we now use on sandwiches burgers and more, “ writes Heather Byers from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Recommended: 68 Cinco de Mayo Party Recipes
- 2 cups torn romaine
- 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup torn curly endive
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- In a salad bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the salsa, sour cream and ranch dressing. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Fiesta Salad in Healthy Cooking April/May 2008, p33
Reviews for Mexican Fiesta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 15, 2017
Reviewed Feb. 17, 2012
"It was very good. I loved it."
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2010
"We loved this salad!"
Reviewed Aug. 4, 2009
"I add a sweet onion to mine. Very good for potlucks, even better at home."