Mexican Fiesta Platter
This recipe proves you don't need to fuss to feed and appetizer to a crowd. With generous layers of beef, rice, corn chips and cheese, it's a nacho lovers dream!—Ann Nace, Perkasie, Pennsylvania
20-24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 2-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope chili seasoning
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) corn chips
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups chopped ripe olives
- Hot pepper sauce, optional
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Add the beans, tomato sauce and chili seasoning; simmer for
- 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- On two serving platters with sides, layer the corn chips, rice,
- onions, meat mixture, cheese, lettuce, tomato and olives. Sprinkle
- with hot sauce if desired. Yield: 20-24 servings.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.