Mexican Fiesta Platter Recipe
This recipe proves you don't need to fuss to feed and appetizer to a crowd. With generous layers of beef, rice, corn chips and cheese, it's a nacho lovers dream!—Ann Nace, Perkasie, Pennsylvania
- 2-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope chili seasoning
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) corn chips
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups chopped ripe olives
- Hot pepper sauce, optional
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, tomato sauce and chili seasoning; simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. On two serving platters with sides, layer the corn chips, rice, onions, meat mixture, cheese, lettuce, tomato and olives. Sprinkle with hot sauce if desired. Yield: 20-24 servings.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC