"I lost 30 pounds by using slimmed-down ingredients in my recipes, and I still get to enjoy goodies like this savory dip," relates field editor Angela Oelschlaeger, Tonganoxie, Kansas.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 can (16 ounces) fat-free refried beans
- 1-1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 4 canned jalapenos, sliced
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 package (13-1/2 ounces) tortilla chips
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook turkey until no longer pink; drain if necessary. Stir in taco seasoning and water; cook and stir for 2-4 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Spread refried beans on a 12-in. serving platter. Top with the turkey, lettuce, salsa, cheese, jalapenos, sour cream and olives. Serve with chips. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Fiesta Dip in Taste of Home December/January 2002, p17
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Mexican Fiesta Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review