Mexican Dip Pizza with Cornbread Crust
This recipe combines our love of pizza and Mexican food. I basically adapted a layered dip recipe and re-created it in pizza form. It has become a favorite for any busy day...and it's meatless, too.Gail Eltgroth, Austin, Texas
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (11-1/2 ounces) refrigerated corn bread twists
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese or Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Chopped tomatoes, salsa and sliced green onions, optional
- Unroll the bread twists and press onto a greased 12-in. pizza pan.
- Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Combine
- refried beans and chilies; spread over crust to within 1/2 in. of
- edge. Top with cheese and olives.
- Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges.
- Serve with tomatoes, salsa and green onions if desired. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 406 calories, 21 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 1,058 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.