Mexican Deviled Eggs
With two young children, my husband and I live on a beautiful lake and host lots of summer picnics and cookouts. I adapted this recipe to suit our tastes. Folks who are expecting the same old deviled eggs are surprised when they try this delightful tangy variation.
-Susan Klemm, Rhinelander, Wisconsin
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 8 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- Salt to taste
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise; remove yolks and set whites aside.
- In a small bowl, mash yolks with cheese, mayonnaise, salsa, onions,
- sour cream and salt.
- Stuff or pipe into egg whites. Serve immediately or chill until ready
- to serve. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 159 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 223 mg cholesterol, 178 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 8 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.