Mexican Cornbread Quiche Recipe
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon water
- 13 eggs
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 cup salsa
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the muffin mix, butter, water and 1 egg; stir just until moistened. Spread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat remaining eggs. Add the sausage, milk, corn, chilies and onion; pour over batter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 3. Top with salsa and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 piece: 289 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 227mg cholesterol, 600mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein .
Reviews for Mexican Cornbread Quiche
"This tasted ok. I had all the ingredients except chilies. I'll be having this for breakfast for many days. It's bland but the good thing though is that it sustains me for a very long time..."